Web standards and Web prospective
- WHATWG Weekly: Same-Origin Policy Explained
- Web Education in India
- Implementing Open Standards in Open Source by Lawrence Rosen
- Processus qualité Web (French)
Remote debugging, the ability of debugging a Web page from another device is becoming a MUST in the context of multiple devices and multiple browsers. A few initiatives are coming up to address these.
- US Market shares for smartphone. I would love to see similar studies with non smartphones, and countries by countries. The diversity is very important.
- Web service to resize images for Mobile. Be careful though, it is another way to track you down.
HTTP / URI
- Principles of the Same-Origin Policy has been published by Adam Barth
- From-Origin Response Header is the processing Model for Cross-Origin Resource Embedding Restrictions
- Eric Law from Microsoft explains how a simple typo creates issues. In this case utf8 instead of utf-8.
- List of accepted papers of the WS-REST 2011 Conference.
- W3C Workshop on Web Tracking and User Privacy 28/29 April 2011, Princeton. The call for position papers finish on March 25.
- Steve Faulkner has decided to tweak HTML5 for Web Authors
- A call for a better documentation for HTML5
- W3C has launched a HTML5 Chinese Interest Group
- The BBC is writing a very good article about frame accurate video in HTML5
- Experimenting with HTML5 and native controls
- Firefox HTML5 Validator extensions updates and source code on github.
- Anne van Kesteren (Opera) has added events to the Dom Core. It created a few discussions in Web Apps WG. Doug Scheppers (W3C) is also writing a DOM Events specification. Anne is calling for feedback on his document. Eventually, the two editors will find a way to agree on the best way to proceed.
- le web en temps réel avec socket.io is a short tutorial in French by Benjamin Clay
- Drawing Sprites: Minimizing draw calls when using WebGL
- CSS Background Properties: possible values, default values, browser support and DOM. The information needs to be updated because it is off a bit for Opera.
- A few pages to test the flexible Box Model layout
- CSSresetr to reset the CSS properties.
- W3C Release Series of Updated CSS3 Specifications gives a tour of the last CSS Working group updates.
- jCanvaScript is a javasript library that provides you methods to manage with the content of a HTML5 canvas element easily.
- ProcessingJs is reaching version 1.1
- A prototype implementation of the ECMAScript Binary Data API.
- Disney acquires gaming engine startup to build HTML5 games outside of App stores
- Wanted: Native JS Encryption
- Simple HTML Form parsing in node.js
- Up and Running with Node.js is a preview of a book to be published at O’Reilly.
- MediaElement.js - HTML5 audio and video players in pure HTML and CSS.
- Sports Ontology by the BBC
- Recipe View extracts data embedded in Web pages that is encoded in Google’s rich snippets format.
- A Proposal to assess the quality of Linked Data sources
Promoting interoperability is at the heart of Open The Web.
- new feature to Twiget allowing you to take pictures and post them on Twitpic directly. This feature is available on Android devices equipped with camera with Widget Runtime supporting WAC.
- The Public Suffix list has been updated to the most recent version published by Mozilla’s Public Suffix team
- Experimental Opera build with WebGL and Hardware accelerated and the performance results are impressive.