Starting the week with rainy days and a very active and busy week-ends. Tune of the week: "Singin' in the Rain" 1952 ~ Gene Kelly.
Progress this week:
Today: 2016-03-12T23:05:20.602961 451 open issues ---------------------- needsinfo 11 needsdiagnosis 122 needscontact 93 contactready 83 sitewait 104 ----------------------
You are welcome to participate
- There is a new Custom User Agent field on the responsive layout mode.
- There is discussion on dropping the Developer Toolbar.
(a selection of some of the bugs worked on this week).
- Insanity prize of the week, though not really a Web Compat issue because it is happening in all mobile browsers with small screens: Basically infinite loop if your screen size is less than 480 pixels by a script placed before the
- We knew it would happen. One of the pitfalls of fixing Web Compatibility issues is that we enter in territories which are designed specifically to address WebKit quirks. In this case, a weird technique for line clamping on WebKit gets into the way.
- Yahoo Japan! sends something which relies probably on the way Blink/WebKit interprets the style.
- NipponColors, another broken site from Japan, specifically designed to break in Firefox.
- Funky layout issue on AirBnB.
- Helping volunteers
- on adding tablet to labels
- Create installation script for labels in a test repo
- Generic error handler based on status code for status 40…
- Make error handler code in views.py more DRY and the PR
- Discussions on improving the webcompat form bug reporting. Share your ideas there. We can do so much but we need your inputs too.
- Opened [feature] Display the screen size of the bug reporter
- Worked on Optimizing images when uploading to the server
We broke CSS Fixme. The submit button is not working anymore.Hmm. It works
- it's usually good to document issues before we forgot what it was about.
- On patching every HTTP responses for CSP.
- Mozilla Community Design issues list is an interesting project where designers can help the Mozilla community. That's quite cool.
- EnhanceConf - Stefan Tilkov - How to embrace the browser 20 minutes talk about using the Web browserfor what it has been made.
- Embracing simplicity
Which is exactly what’s happening in our industry. We’re so hypnotised by complexity, we forget the basics. […] We must stop fearing the page refresh and stop fearing white space.
- The Gecko Monoculture.
Finally, we need a technological brick to get applications other than Firefox to run Gecko.
- Styling Broken Images
Follow Your Nose
- Document how to write tests on webcompat.com using test fixtures.
- ToWrite: rounding numbers in CSS for
- ToWrite: Amazon prefetching resources with
<object>for Firefox only.