Not a song this week, but just a documentary to remind me that some sites are overly complicated and there are strong benefits and resilience in chosing a solid simple framework for working. Not that it makes easier the work. I think it's even the opposite, it's basically harder to make a solid simple Web site. But that the cost is beneficial on the longterm. Tune of the week: The Depth of simplicity in Ozu's movie.
Progress this week:
Today: 2016-05-16T10:12:01.879159 354 open issues ---------------------- needsinfo 3 needsdiagnosis 109 needscontact 30 contactready 55 sitewait 142 ----------------------
In my journey in getting the contactready and needscontact lower, we are making progress. You are welcome to participate
Reorganizing a bit the wiki so it better aligns with our current work. In Progress.
Good news on the front of
appearance in CSS.
The CSSWG just resolved that
"appearance: none"should turn checkbox & radio
<input>elements into a normal non-replaced element.
Learning on how to do mozregression
We are looking at creating a mechanism similar to Opera browser.js into Firefox. Read and participate to the discussion.
(a selection of some of the bugs worked on this week).
- Pizza being unresponsive or more to the point being slow. Issue with React not being reactive? When I see the markup, I start crying. Why do we hurt ourselves like this?
- Finally closed the Firefox Gmail on Android issue. Happiness.
- irresponsible responsive: 353 requests 25 Mo…. The number of insane Web sites be on mobile or desktop… It's like the hummer SUV to drive around your neighborhood to buy milk.
- OffShore Panama CSS
- Intent to Use Counter: Everything
- My URL isn’t your URL
Cache-Control: immutable. Good stuff.
- Compression, Anti-virus, MITM and Facebook: recipes for disaster.
- Being where the people are:
Vendor Prefixes are dead but with them mass author involvement in early stage specifications. The history of Grid shows that it is incredibly difficult to get people to do enough work to give helpful feedback with something they can’t use – even a little bit – in production.
Follow Your Nose
- Document how to write tests on webcompat.com using test fixtures.
- ToWrite: rounding numbers in CSS for
- ToWrite: Amazon prefetching resources with
<object>for Firefox only.