Tune of the week: Hip-Hop Mixtapes.
Progress this week:
Today: 2016-05-23T15:18:18.501043 354 open issues ---------------------- needsinfo 3 needsdiagnosis 119 needscontact 27 contactready 43 sitewait 157 ----------------------
You are welcome to participate
French Mozilla Community seems interested by Web Compatibility work. Replying to a thread where we asked me more information.
Seen this http-prompt library. Shared the link with mike who replied "wow! gonna install this". A couple of minutes later I opened a new issue for the missing
HEAD method. Then I thought "Oh shoot! I can solve this". I created a pull request, which was merged in the following hour. ❤️ opensource.
(a selection of some of the bugs worked on this week).
- An issue happening on Firefox and Safari. The rotation of the product is made by changing quickly the
background-imagewith multiple PNGs. That seems a bit silly, but it's working in Opera Blink.
- Serving video should not be that complicated, but platforms and codes got into the way, and there is now plenty of user agent sniffing.
- Every week we are adding SeeAlso URL to the M3U8 bug on Bugzilla.
- Different computed font sizes in Blink and Gecko
filtera bit too hungry for CPU and performances.
- Infinite reload of a single page application
- We got a performance regression with a code I had written recently. Maybe there is a solution. A bit later. Found. Reminder to myself: do performance testing for any I/O operations before pushing them to prod. On Thursday, I did a lot of testing. Maybe I should write a separate post about this. It was an interesting experiment. Upload performances went from 17s to 0.5s
- We probably need to block the
about:URIs in reporting. It doesn't make sense in the context of our work.
- Evaluating scripts using Marionette: "I finally managed to land a patch that makes evaluated scripts have lasting side-effects in the document. This means that scripts such as
window.foo = 42or
document.documentElement.style.background = "pink"will take effect on the DOM. This is a requirement for WebDriver conformance, and a major inhibitor for people trying to replace FirefoxDriver with Marionette in their automation. "
- Web Standards: "Standards are made by the people who show up, and not nearly enough people are showing up. We need publishers and designers and engineers, typographers and librarians and entrepreneurs, web folks and book folks and business folks. We certainly need more diversity of gender and color and class."
- GridViz: A Firefox extension to visualize grid lines defined by the CSS Grid API
Follow Your Nose
- Document how to write tests on webcompat.com using test fixtures.
- ToWrite: rounding numbers in CSS for
- ToWrite: Amazon prefetching resources with
<object>for Firefox only.