From the seventh floor, I see the cheminey of a local sento. It's not always on. The smoke is not coming out, it gives me a good visual feedback of the opening hours. It's here. It doesn't have notifications. It doesn't have ics, atom. It's just there. And it's fine as-is. The digital world seems sometimes to create complicated UI and UX over things which are just working. They become disruptive but not helpful.
Tune of the week: Leo Ferré - Avec le temps
Progress this week:
Today: 2016-08-22T13:46:36.150030 300 open issues ---------------------- needsinfo 4 needsdiagnosis 86 needscontact 18 contactready 28 sitewait 156 ----------------------
- Trying to help with an instant crash bug that I have for a while on Firefox and GitHub.
- Created a web compatibility simple keywords list for the keywords we currently use.
You are welcome to participate
(a selection of some of the bugs worked on this week).
- Continued to test our implementation of
maskin Firefox. It seems there is a regression. A fix was created for another issue, but that doesn't solve the original issue.
- expensify was breaking for some people but not others. Why? We probably nailed it to a combination of e10s and the test pilot add-on "No More 404s"
- X-Team is not A Team. Analysis in progress. The parallax seems to rely on a bug from chrome. daniel nailed it and opened a bug on Chromium project. The bug will not be fixed as they are in the process of creating a new site.
perspective(0)is now handled by Firefox. it was creating issues.
- setTimeout is too short for the action to happen?
- Chromestatus menu is broken in Firefox. After a wrong direction in my analysis, I was able to reproduce, but haven't completely found how to fix it.
- A bit of code review on deepthivenkat code
- Return of the 10kB Web design contest. Good stuff. I spend a good chunk of my time in the network panel of devtools… And it's horrific.
Follow Your Nose
- Document how to write tests on webcompat.com using test fixtures.
- ToWrite: Amazon prefetching resources with
<object>for Firefox only.