As of today, there are 706 Firefox Mobile bugs and 205 Firefox Desktop bugs in Mozilla Web Compatibility activity. These are OPEN bugs for many different companies (not only Google). We could add to that the any browser 237 bugs already collected on Webcompat.com. Help is welcome.
On these, we have a certain number of bugs related to Google Web properties.
Google and Mozilla
Let's make it very clear. We have an ongoing open discussions channel with Google about these bugs. I will not cite names of people at Google helping to deal with them for their own sake and privacy, but they do the best they can for getting us a resolution. It's not the case for all companies. So they know themselves and I want to thank them for this.
That said, there are long standing bugs where Firefox can't properly access the services developed by Google. The nature of bugs is diverse. It can be wrong user agent sniffing,
-webkit- CSS or JS, or a codepath in JS using a very specific feature of Chrome. The most frustrating ones for the Web Compatibility people (and in return for users) are the ones where you can see that there's a bit of CSS here and there breaking the user experience but in the end, it seems it could work.
The issue is often with the "it seems it could work". We may have at first sight an impression that it will be working and then there is a hidden feature which has not be completely tested.
Also Firefox is not the only browser with issues with Google services. Opera browser, even after the switch to blink, still has issues with some Google services.
List Of Google Bugs For Firefox Browsers
Here the non exhaustive list of bugs which are still opened on Bugzilla. If you find bugs which are not valid anymore or resolved, please let us know. We do our best to find out what is resolved, but we might miss some sometimes. The more you test, the more it helps all users. With detail bug reports and analysis of the issues we have a better and more useful communications with Google Engineers for eventually fixing the bugs.
You may find similar bugs on webcompat.com. We haven't yet made the full transition.
- 627155: Impossible to download document attachments in gmail on Firefox Android (mail.google.com)
- 668275: GMail sends a lowfi version to Firefox for Android to Firefox OS (instead of touch)
679025: finance.google.com presents null error on initial load
- 691227: gmail.com - Rendering of checkboxes cut off on Windows 8 (when text size is set to 125% or 150% in Control Panel)
714037: youtube.com - Text box displayed incorrectly on youtube html5 in Linux overlap text box 745191: gmail.com - a Labs feature showing an unread inbox count in favicon doesn't work with Iceweasel user agent 754750: Google Finance - Suboptimal site, not optimized site renders on Fennec Native Due to UA sniffing and XHTML content-type
- 754752: Google Books - Firefox on mobile receives desktop content on home page instead of mobile
- 755590: sites.google.com - top bar doesn't show up in Firefox for Android
- 793216: images.google.com image single view carrousel is stacked on tablet
- 802731: Google Groups new interface hangs in a group with over 700 spam posts
- 819497: Google search doesn't work with cookies disabled
- 865043: news.google.com doesn't send tier1 to Firefox OS
- 872300: docs.google.com/spreadsheet tells me (SeaMonkey) is an unsupported Firefox version
- 902531: Google Play Music not working on Firefox for Android/Firefox OS
- 911837: Google Play Music HTML5 Audio Feature broken (because it sniffs browsers, but it also requires window.MediaSource and audio/mpeg)
- 914252: Google calendar tier1 header would not render in Firefox Android and Firefox OS
- 921532: Google images on Firefox Android doesn't load images as you scroll
- 921536: Google menu icon in the top-left corner in Firefox doesn't open a menu
- 932521: Google Cache Doesn't Work if DOM Storage Disabled
- 958575: Google News - Tablet experience in Chrome for Android superior to Firefox for Android
- 973754: https://www.google.com offers ""voice search"" in Chrome but not Firefox
- 975444: Google cards not shown in Firefox for Android
- 976013: Google Translate Widget box does not work (requires Flash for Firefox browsers)
- 976749: Missing connect button in main google page in certain locales
- 976753: google.com ""Connect"" Text is cut in different l10n
- 980833: Latest YouTube API defaults to Flash player in Firefox even when html5=1 is used
- 984301: Google Chrome app is opened when tapping on the helper app in m.youtube.com
- 990767: zooming in/out in google maps does not display properly
- 993664: translate.google.com icons not there
- 995140: Google Calendar sends a lowfi version to Firefox OS
- 1013702: Google: Patent search will not work on mobile (phones)
- 1036987: XML Parsing error: not well-formed when trying to reply to an email through the Gmail web interface on Firefox OS
- 1047854: ""Advanced Search"" options missing on Google search in Firefox for Android (vs Chrome)
1048324: Google webfont 'Basic' has a bogus rendering of 'gg' characters sequence when contextual alternates is on.
- 1052200: Google calendar columns in week view are misaligned on Retina Mac & with full-page-zoom on other platforms, due to ""wk-dummyth"" element being a different size from the scrollbar
- 1053323: GMail overrides/blocks previous tab/next tab (Ctrl-PageUp, Ctrl-PageDown) when ""Compose Mail"" is open
- 1053648: drive.google.com sends Desktop version to Firefox OS
- 1053712: Youtube shows desktop content on tablet (http://m.youtube.com)
- 1055025: cannot add Youtube comments - just get a popup window
- 1065319: UI truncation happened when you import contacts from Gmail
- 1067364: Google images on Firefox OS doesn't load images as you scroll
- 1076439: Requesting a mobile google+ page returns 404
- 1076999: GMail: Clicking on a Hangouts contact in doesn't focus on the text input of the chat box
- 1083932: Google News dropdown menus rely on setting non-standard document.body.scrollTop
You can help us.