A short edition, I have been sick and traveling last week, and missed a few things.
Web standards and Web prospective
- Taking the Web back: “I personally not only want to understand my tools, but I want to shape the way that I interact with them also.”
- W3C Public Newsletter, 2011-02-14
- Random numbers, even better CSS performance and improving Google Search (Webkit news)
- Synchronized Media (WhatWG news)
HTTP / URI
- Mobile UI Patterns is a gallery of usual patterns in mobile designs such as splash screens, activity feeds, notifications, etc.
- HTML5 rechartering confirms Last Call in May 2011 and targets 2014 for reaching standard status.
- A few HTML5 questions. Chris Heillmann is asking a few details on using HTML5 at the same time it is being created.
- Ripple is a multi-platform mobile environment emulator that runs in a web browser and is custom-tailored to HTML5 mobile application testing.
- ePub3 - What is the patent policy of epub?
- very incomplete Console API rough draft
- Proposal for the IETF on “RTP Payload Format for VP8 Video” This memo describes an RTP Payload format for the VP8 video codec. The payload format has wide applicability, as it supports applications from low bit-rate peer-to-peer usage, to high bit-rate Video conferences.
- CSS Desk, a tool to help craft your CSS.
- CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3 reached Candidate Recommendation, phase for creating an implementation report.
- Fistful of LOD helps you to enrich an already existing web page content by retrieving more information on the Open Data
- Top 100 most popular RDF namespace prefixes
Usability / Accessibility
- HTML to Platform Accessibility APIs Implementation Guide A user agent developer’s guide to understanding and implementing accessibility support in HTML
- HTML Accessibility Bug-Triage 15 Feb 2011
Promoting interoperability is at the heart of Open The Web.
- Opera Mini to be default Web browser on new feature phones “Qualcomm has inked a deal with Opera Software to install the Opera Mini application as the default Web browser on its popular feature-phone platform”