Should I do a daily or weekly summary of my day on Otsukare?
This is a question. Something maybe I'm asking myself. I wonder how it could be useful to others and to myself. Having URIs and time archives of work is nice. Probably daily would be too much of a constraints. Weekly could be nice, I just need to be careful in opening a file at the beginning of the week and adding little by little what I'm doing. This could also help writing other complementary blog posts about the work.
What I learned at Mozlando?
I'm not sure it's measurable. But after one week of work together, it seems I accumulated small bits of knowledge here and there. I have probably forgotten to write some them down. I confirmed to myself outside of work, that I really dislike Disney venues and environments. I have been once here, same hotel, in 2002 for an XML conference.
Disney Money World is uncomfortable to disgusting.
Planning about work
Some plans for working this week on WebCompat
Gmail debugging sessions with Mike and Hallvord
We had a quite productive gmail debugging session where we tested side by side the effect of the in-development-not-finished-use-at-your-own-risk the about:config preference enabling some webkit aliases.
We are not there yet, but very good progress.
Web Compatibility and Webkit platform implementation status.
We had a meeting with Platform engineers about Web Compatibility issues. We made nice progress. Roc told WebCompat team: "you need to yell more at us". Thanks to him for implementing innerText and creating an actual spec. Jonas thanked us also for the feedback we gave. Simple thanks are always very appreciated and useful. Specifically when you are working with old seasoned engineers of Firefox. It's very intimidating at first (and it is still). But these simple thanks give a lot of energy for keeping the good work. Our work having impact for users through Platform engineers. feels good moment.
This previous thing led to my attempt at debugging something above my knowledge. I will see if I should try to understand a bit more.
Discussions on outreach some developers for add-ons team, because some add-ons are broken with e10s.
- how to proceed
- how to find the developers
WebPlatform tests by Josh
Attended the lightning talk by Josh Matthews about developing tests for WebPlatform. Basically follow the recommendations from the Test the Web Forward.
Mike pitched 3 profiles UX, Diagnose and Outreach. Someone from india wants to help us. Yeah. Ioana met us.
- Met a lot of new faces.
- DisneyWorld. That's wonderfull of fake.
- take notes because we forget simple things.
- CSS fixme on webcompat. Almost there.
- Working on uploading images. I will probably recreate a new branch, and remove the flaskext upload module.
- Meeting with Mitchell Baker
- Mention of exchanging messages through a mesh of devices in a low tech fashion. It reminded me of this very old project. Interesting.
- Firefox OS lightning talks
- Gave one about webcompat. Probably a blog post summary on otsukare
- nice talk about webapps on mobile becoming full apps on desktop.
- Work triage with Mike and Hallvord.
- Mobile Lightning Talks
- gecko rendering + full browser hacking working on ios. Impressive.
- No good cafe latte for one week.
- around 48 hours of trip from Japan to Orlando and back to Japan.
- Jetlag hell