Taking Wednesday off. This is a day off in Japan, it seems it's the Emperor's birthday. Interesting day off which fluctuates with generations when a new emperor arrives in "power". Another funny fact:
During the reign of Emperor Hirohito (Shōwa period, 1926–1989), the Emperor's birthday was observed on 29 April. That date remained a public holiday, posthumously renamed Greenery Day in 1989 and Shōwa Day in 2007.
It makes you wish that emperors would change more often and accumulate days off in the calendar.
Then there is christmas celebration. Short week. At least a lot of parts of the world are also in slow motion, so not that much mails.
Addons outreach effort
The add-ons team (add-on or addon?) has established a list of the add-ons broken in Firefox with e10s activated. The Webcompat team will help them to reach out the developers and the company. Last week, I created a private mailing-list to manage this work.
- On my first pass on monday, I checked all the add-ons broken in Firefox list, and only two had really to be contacted: Ghostery and AOL Toolbar. We received during the day positive contacts. The others seem to be already in motion. One has definitely disappeared from the "Internetz Tubes".
- Started the review for a pull request from Mike. It should take a bit of time, this one is a bit hairy. :)
- Mike asked an interesting question on the choice between
415. I answered that
415should be the answer and I explained why.
- Reviewing this new commit using PIL after my previous suggestions.
- We have a backlog of bugs which have not been dealt with for a long time. Serious triage needed there. As usual, you can help. We will not be able to solve everything ourselves. So participation is welcome.
- No webcompat meeting this week. That will save me the 11pm-midnight late call.
- Interesting read about open source and design. On the webcompat.com project, we had basically two persons working on the design: Alexa Roman who did an amazing job at defining the interactions and the design, and Guillaume Démésy at implementing the design and also suggesting items for the design. Without these two contributors, the project would have been in a less than good shape. 🙇🏼