The sun is coming back. The temperature is going up on the shore of Shōnan. There was a pretty strong storm in the night of Saturday to Sunday. I can't wait the time where I will unroll the sudare for getting shadows. Tune for this week: Happy from Shōnan (Japan) - Pharrell Williams
- Opened a new issue for the
zoomproperty in CSS, which is an IE-ism, which was then implemented in WebKit, then in Blink, then in Edge, but which is not in Gecko and create WebCompat issues. It's a very similar story than
innerTextexcept that it is maybe less used. Also refined the code example.
You are welcome to participate
11 status-needsinfo 135 status-needsdiagnosis 102 status-needscontact 80 status-contactready 102 status-sitewait
(a selection of some of the bugs worked on this week).
- mail.google.com sent to Firefox Android is almost there. There is just a small issue to fix about border-image and we are good to go. We should probably remove the UA override so people can benefit from the new shiny version. Thanks to the little hands at Google who helped us to move this forward. Greatly appreciated.
- I closed a couple of webcompat issues as DUPLICATE of the m3u8 bug which is a can of worms in itself.
- A missing
<!doctype html>creates difference of renderings in between Blink and Gecko, such as table cells being 1739px tall. Daniel nailed it.
- They say single page application are faster. What about when your
app.jstakes in between 1 to 3 min to download?
-$pref-appearanceare annoyances coming in multiple bugs. I need to publish a blog post about this. Let's put this on my todo list.
- Don't trust the rounding number divinity. Another blog post.
- Trying to add tests to the current API tests of webcompat.com, I might have identified some issues and areas for improving it. The current mocking is done at the webcompat.com level, but this means it kills somehow all the tests for webcompat.com which are not fitting the fixture response. I guess we need to explore on how to mock the call to github and introduce variety of responses. The article about MagicMock might become handy.
- Python Mocking 101: Fake It Before You Make It
- Flask Testing with Mock and Nose
- Real Life Mocking
- A lot of usage of mock module in this repository.
- Implementing Content Security Policy
- HTTP Redirects
- Good summary by Mike about our progress on the Web Compat front related to implementation changes in Firefox.
- Week #6: "This week I managed to get the challenge back to 100% success ( 6 bugs fixed in 6 weeks so far ) and recover from the failures of my vacation week. Let's see how I did that !"
Follow Your Nose
- Document how to write tests on webcompat.com using test fixtures.
- ToWrite: rounding numbers in CSS for