News of this week were quite disheartening. Young individuals with dreams of violence and blood. Politicians with words of hate. The Web compatibility bugs seem to be a gentle stroke. Tune of the week: Mad World - Gary Jules.
Finally managed to get the to be triaged bugs to a couple of them. We need to get better as a community at filtering the incoming bugs. There is right now 2 remaining old issues.
Progress this week:
Today: 2016-03-25T10:41:48.606549 418 open issues ---------------------- needsinfo 2 needsdiagnosis 131 needscontact 96 contactready 84 sitewait 105 ----------------------
You are welcome to participate
When working on a invalid webcompat issue, I noticed something in Opera Blink developer tools console which made me happy.
Noticed the message? "jquery-1.6.2.min.js:18 'webkitRequestAnimationFrame' is vendor-specific. Please use the standard 'requestAnimationFrame' instead."
There is progress on the front of
-webkit-border-image and border-style in the WebKit/Blink world. Some Web sites might break which should help to fix them.
Preparing the work week in London
Mike kicked off the discussion for London Mozilla meeting on the Webcompat side. If you want to participate and provide a topic that you are ready to push, please add to the wiki and/or the mailing list.
(a selection of some of the bugs worked on this week).
- images are pixelated in Firefox. Getting close to the source of the issue but not found yet exactly what is happening.
- Sometimes the combination of tracking protection and ads tracker creates issues.
- Maybe a bug on Gecko (or at least a different behavior) which creates an issue in the combination of nasa.gov and Ember. Though not sure yet.
- Probably a Firefox bug about printing.
- labels non clickable
- empty new issues on the home page
- Documentation for Webcompat.com dev
- Discussions on migrating the DB
Follow Your Nose
- Document how to write tests on webcompat.com using test fixtures.
- ToWrite: rounding numbers in CSS for
- ToWrite: Amazon prefetching resources with
<object>for Firefox only.