Earthquake in Kumamoto (Green circle is where I live). For people away from Japan, it always sounds like a scary thing. This one was large but still Japan is a big series of islands and where I live was far from the Earthquake. Or if you want a comparison it's a bit like people in Japan who would be worried for people in New-York because of an earthquake in Miami, or for people in Oslo because of an earthquake in Athens. Time to remove any obstacles, so Ganesh.
Tune of the week: Deva Shree Ganesha - Agneepath.
Progress this week:
Today: 2016-04-18T07:52:17.560261 374 open issues ---------------------- needsinfo 3 needsdiagnosis 126 needscontact 25 contactready 95 sitewait 122 ----------------------
You are welcome to participate
Preparing Londong agenda.
After reducing the incoming bug to nearly 0 every day in the previous weeks, I have now reduced the needscontact around 25 issues. Most of the remaining are for Microsoft, Opera, Firefox OS community to deal with. My next target is the contactready ones around 100 issues.
Posted my git/github workflow.
(a selection of some of the bugs worked on this week).
- This bug is still going on and is still insane. If you have contacts in Brazil, maybe you could help.
- A weird gmail notifications issue. Google has been contacted, they knew about the issue but not exactly where it was. Done.
- Flickr with a strange scrolling bug. Always helpful this is fixed now.
- Apple still trying to contact for the video issues.
- Exploring some design ideas for the issue section and its associated comments.
- Reviewing and merging code for HTTP error handling.
- We need to improve the UX of bug reporting
They are invisible
Some people in the Mozilla community are publishing on Medium, aka their content will disappear one day when you know Medium will be bought or just sunset. It's a bit sad. Their content is also most of the time not syndicated elsewhere.
- David Bryant, Mozilla CTO
- Chris Beard, Mozilla CEO, he didn't publish anything yet.
- Anthony Lam, Firefox UX
- Gemma Petrie, Firefox UX
- Philipp Sackl, Firefox UX
- A must-watch video about the Web and understands why it is cool to develop for the Web. All along the talk I was thinking: When native will finally catch up with the Web.
- A debugging thought process
Follow Your Nose
- Document how to write tests on webcompat.com using test fixtures.
- ToWrite: rounding numbers in CSS for
- ToWrite: Amazon prefetching resources with
<object>for Firefox only.