Tune of the week: Rico Loop in One Shot because it's what we basically do on a daily basis on the Web. Remixing tools, code and knowledge when we encounter them along our way to create and solve issues. The last two weeks I have been staying at the seventh floor, it offers new perspectives on the work and the mind.
Progress this week:
Today: 2016-08-01T07:10:39.302548 294 open issues ---------------------- needsinfo 5 needsdiagnosis 70 needscontact 16 contactready 33 sitewait 165 ----------------------
You are welcome to participate
And you would think that there is no issue with the way create their scripts.
function openBrowser(). They could have just simply named it:
(a selection of some of the bugs worked on this week).
- A string of issues with Bank of America. As usual it's a bit frustrating given that when faking the Chrome User Agent, we get a better user experience than with the bare Firefox User Agent, which in turns is silly because each time we fake the UA, we end up reducing the stats of Firefox into the global site market share, which… makes it impossible for Firefox to become parts of the supported browsers. Chicken and egg.
- Bug 1280834 Bank of America recommends other browsers on OSX. (also webc 2787
- Bug 784463 - Firefox Android receives Desktop site instead of mobile site
- Canadian Tire is another hard issue to crack. Maybe we should associate webcompat.com to Pokémon Go and have users collect bugs in all Canadian Tire bugs.
- Interesting issue on linkedin layout with a combination of table CSS layout which doesn't seem to behave the same in Chrome and Firefox.
- There is a redirection issue in between Firefox and Chrome using HTTP 302 to capture the location and opening the appropriate app. In this case it's between Calendar and Hangout. It seems less than ideal when the non standard `intent://`` was used for this in the past.
- On this one, we receive on Firefox Android a WebP image (WebP is not supported yet in Firefox) instead of jpeg. Maybe there is something related to the optimization rules of pagespeed.
- Add to create an urgent fix for blocking a spammy domain.
Linkheader for the comment, we bail out all the JSON
body. We need to reopen #1058
- Exploring Web platform cross-dependencies
- Positron in a CLI near you. This is cool. Reminder: Positron is an Electron-compatible runtime on top of Gecko.
Follow Your Nose
- Document how to write tests on webcompat.com using test fixtures.
- ToWrite: Amazon prefetching resources with
<object>for Firefox only.