A moderate typhoon landed this week just above us. Winds in one direction. The peace of the eye of the typhoon. Finally the winds in the opposite direction. Magnificent. The day after it was a cemetery for insects. Tragedy. So it was mostly a week for old bugs cleaning.
The spectacle of the society, the society of spectacle. The turn of international events and the rise of arguments instead of discussions is mesmerizingly sad. Tune of the week: DJ Shadow feat. Run The Jewels - Nobody Speak
Progress this week:
Today: 2016-08-29T07:47:04.454102 295 open issues ---------------------- needsinfo 4 needsdiagnosis 83 needscontact 18 contactready 28 sitewait 146 ----------------------
You are welcome to participate
- WebP. 3rd attempt at implementing it.
- I wonder how many different emoji sprite big image exists in this world… instead of using unicode. This one by Dropbox paper.
- There's a new product Web Compatibility on Bugzilla. Explanations by mike
- Console text should have a nice layout after copy/paste. And the bug has already been picked up.
- I also had a nasty bug on GitHub which seems to be rare but crashes my browser.
- The SVG issue which had an impact on material design pages has been fixed in Gecko.
(a selection of some of the bugs worked on this week).
display: noneon Gecko at least. It hides the full list. I opened a new bug for Gecko. This is happening only in e10s windows. And there is already a patch in the making.
- Not really a webcompat issue, but Google alerts breaking on small screens.
- Sometimes bugs are not bugs. This is one delicate part of webcompat. Can we reproduce? Reproducing a bug is not always straightforward. It sometimes depends on the capabilities of your own devices (mobile AND desktop). But the cool thing is when the use is coming back and says "Hey sorry it seems to be working now." Thanks for this. It's very useful.
- Clarifying the issues DB code next actions.
- Webcompat dashboard style that I was planning to do has been done by Guillaume. Thanks.
- 10 quick tips for SVG
- Discovered Mattermost branded as an open source, self-hosted Slack-alternative
- The Future Of The Planet. I need to reply to this blog post. Cluetrain Manifesto style.
Follow Your Nose
- Document how to write tests on webcompat.com using test fixtures.
- ToWrite: Amazon prefetching resources with
<object>for Firefox only.